- Fallen trees make GREAT ground poles/caveletti.
- Practice your side pass around trees, stumps or rocks.
- Try and keep your horse straight with NO walls.
- Um hello... HILL WORK! For toning and strengthening the hindquarters.
- Some fallen trees make good jumps.
- Go for a nice leg stretching gallop through a safe field.
You know for as far as you can stretch your imagination and creativity being out on the trails is an ENDLESS Training AREA! No walls, no limitations and it is so very healthy for you and your horse to break the monotony of being in the arena!
What else do you guys do when you're out on the trails? As far as working your horse? Or maybe you don't intentionally work you just go for a nice ride on a nice day!!