- KNOW your horse! His history, his vet records as much info as you can squeeze out of the previous owners!
- Check on them before you go to bed the day you have given them the shot. Or have someone check on your horse for you... Being a tiny bit lethargic is OK the day of the shot, but that's IT!
- I personally NEVER EVER give 3, 5 or 7 way shots... Because if there is a reaction you can NOT tell what could have caused it... All mine are done separately. Yes a bit more costly, but worth it. I have had a horse react to a 5 way shot and it scared the tar out of me.
- If you are not sure call a VET!!!!!!!!!! Do not guess on dosage amounts or where and how to give shot. That is DANGEROUS.
- Your horse needs to be healthy when you give them any vaccines. Just like us getting a flu shot. We know they make us a little tired, but if we already don't feel well the shot is going to make us feel way worse, not better.
All in all just be careful, do your homework and keep those babies safe and healthy!!!!!!!