Sunday, September 19, 2010

Miley, you're killing me. And Blue Jeans...

One of the things that has always pushed my buttons is when I see in a TV show or movie people Horse back riding. Not that it's a bad thing, unless it's BAD RIDING!!! So I'm watching a good friend of mine's kid and she loves Hannah Montana. Well of course, what pre pubescent teen girl doesn't??? So the episode of Miley almost losing her horse Blue Jeans. So the episode starts out with her riding Blue Jeans and she's trotting and SLAMMING on his back. Ummm OUCH!! Then Blue Jeans gets hurt bla bla bla and when we go back to Blue Jeans he's still in his BRIDLE!!!! Laying down in his bridle and reins. Ummmm I do believe that is one of the 10 horsey commandments. NEVER LEAVE THE BRIDLE ON YOUR HORSE. WTF??? I've seen snippets of other episodes too and she always leaves the halter and lead rope on her horse, then walks away.


Now why would I possibly have an issue with this?? It's a stupid show... Because it's a STUPID SHOW that girls watch and will probably think that is a GREAT way for people to A. Ride their horse by flopping on it's back. and B. To leave the bridle and reins on their horse at ALL times. When it's sick, when it has a snack bite, and especially when you are a retarded Disney brat or you follow the example of a retarded Disney brat.


This is NOT in any way a good example for anyone, it's disgusting and really pisses me off. If you can NOT set a good, realistic example with ANY type of animal on TV or movies, then do NOT DO IT!! Or get a god damn professional out there. Ugh Grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Anyway I HIGHLY encourage you to watch this vid. It's part of the show that shows Blue Jeans laying down and a montage of AWESOME riding skills...

5 comments:

CHHorsemanship said...

I agree that Miley is an awful influence on young riders, I won't go into my dstaste for her in other areas though.

My cousin watches her and was taking lessons a while back. Since she had seen Miley do all sorts of things so had thought that cross tying the horse she was riding in a shanked spade bit (what the instructors were thinking letting a beginner do this is mind blowing as well).

She also thought posting was the same as bouncing and dismounting any old way was fine.

It was a nightmare correcting her bad habits that the learned later on.

Unknown said...

What's also weird is she has her own horse in real life. So what's with the stunt double? And can the girl learn to post?

Embodied Spirit said...

The vid has been taken down but I can guess what was going on in it anyway. I hate Disney bringing horses into their crappy series cos it totally gives people (and parents) the wrong ideas about what to expect from horses. They are powerful, dangerous and often deadly animals and I've seen errors in even the best kids horse shows (saddle club anyone?).

Breathe... Just owning a horse does not make you a GOOD horse owner. She might not actually be able to ride well or she has a horse as a fashion accessory. She has a lot of money so you can bet she hires grooms and people to exercise the horse when she can't be bothered. My dad is also an infrequent rider who hops on our oldies when the fancy takes him but because he never has lessons and doesn't do it very often he never learns to ride properly. I expect Miley is the same hence the double.

SpotMeSomeColor said...

I love Phineas & Ferb and was subjected to the trailers for this episode during the commercial break. I only saw the ridiculous riding where the rider was banging on the horse's back and that was bad enough. I wish they could be bothered to demonstrate correct horse care/handling/riding in shows they KNOW children are watching and trying to copy. It's SO hard to break bad habits and change the minds of young people. It's so much easier to start with correct knowledge and habits.

Unknown said...

I like the Miley Horse blue jeans if you New where is Tennessee. Kentucky or Virginia horses in on ranch in Tennessee you people live in the city and don't know about horse cowboy ride a horse like the movies. Miley form Tennessee got a ranch I think Blue Jeans should be on the show more. I the show can had dog or cats it can be Horse to I live in Virginia people in Virginia have horses and horse show. I like to see Miley in a horse show and blue jean win the horse Show